Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 2

This is real life.  We are a family of three.  I kind of have to keep telling myself this, because as natural as it feels, it sorta feels like I'm babysitting her. I am a mom. Surreal.  Completely mind blowing still and yet I absolutely LOVE it :)  I could stare at her for hours. She is starting to make the funniest faces and grows so much every day! We had our second apt this week for her and the Dr. says he is VERY impressed with her weight gain and overall appearance :)  Monday a few of my mom's best friends came up and stayed with us, and cleaned our whole house! What a Godsend :) We didn't do a whole lot the rest of the week, choosing to soak up every spare second we could of just being lazy together. And We may or may not have burnt through the whole Harry Potter collection over the past few days... ;)  Quite possibly the best day this week was when Adelie met her Uncle Jory who drove up with his girlfriend Nancy to finally meet her :) Babes got her first taste of the CC as we went twice this week, meeting Brandon after golf.  Girl slept the whole time in her stroller while I attempt to catch up on my summer glow.  Since neither of us can get in the pool yet, so we just stared at it. Is it 6 weeks yet?  We also got some super exciting news this week, that Adelie's cousin Liam will be here by this next weekend, and we cannot wait to meet him!!  Ads also got a few pictures taken this week, and her announcements have been ordered, can't wait to send them out to all our family and friends!! :)

Nothing smells better :)

Protective Big Brothers

Grandma Margaret gave her the first bottle so mom could enjoy a Chi Chi ;)
BTW she takes a bottle without confusion and even drinks it cold? Awesome!
The first gender Specific onesies I bought without knowing she was a girl :)

One of my favorite pictures ever :)

With Aunt Jam and my goddaughter Sophie


We also made a few headbands...


Meeting Uncle Jory


Grocery Shopping 

I cannot believe She fit in my belly 2 weeks ago

She can't either

On the 4th I let Scarlet out in our backyard as I sometimes do. And...I forgot about her. The fireworks on top of turning the dogs out to find her at 11pm led to us going to bed without her inside.  Walked outside the next morning to a man driving around in a van, who just happened to pull up as I was walking outside and asked me if I knew of anyone who was missing a rabbit. I probably looked like an idiot as my arm shot up and I shouted ME!!! She had made it across the street and into someones fenced in back yard. We're glad she's home, Babes was worried.

Her 4th of July getup :)







Matching C.J. at the pool

#Inappropriate

Happy 2 weeks Babes!




Age: 2 weeks
Weight: 8.11lbs
Height: 22 inches
Eating: She is eating about every 2-3 hours, 100% breastfeeding
Baby's Sleep: Sleeping great! She sleeps for a few hours and then is bright eyed for about 30min, eats and repeats.  Diaper changes wake her up everytime
Mom's Sleep: Only felt super tired one day this week, babes got her nights and days mixed up and was up all night, not crying just squeaking and squirming. And I cannot possibly sleep when she's making those sweet noises next to my bed :) Dad was a gem though and took her downstairs at 6am and let me sleep in a little
Dad's Sleep: Dad sleeps.
Milestones Reached: She uses her hands a lot now, touching her binky and touching my chest when eating.  Lifts her head for about 10 seconds before getting too tired. Lost her umbelical cord.
Outings: To the pool twice and ran a few errands with mommy. Saw first fireworks!
Funny Moment: During her first bath, when placed on her flower, she did number 2. I picked her up, she did number 1 all down my side, I rinsed her off and went to sit down where she threw up all down the front of me. AND I still love her.
Nicknames: Ad's, Babes, and Miss Ad's :)



No comments :

Post a Comment