Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Festiveness

When I was given the opportunity to host a family Holiday, I jumped for joy!  I had always dreamed of being able to, and never thought I would get the chance since the Holidays have always been owned by my mother and Aunts ;)  My mom was the queen of throwing parties and I am so tickled to step into her shoes for my family this year. Everyone misses her extra around Thanksgiving as it was her holiday.  She bought Brandon and I this amazing china for our wedding which we have never gotten to use because honestly we have never had a fancy dinner party. 
Well mama! I'm breaking out the china!
This is what our Thanksgiving feast will consist of

Turkey 
I'm cooking it.  Let's pray we don't have a repeat Christmas Vacation moment.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Stuffing
Garden Salad
Sweet Rolls
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Casserole
Alfredo Meatballs
Buckeyes
Pumpkin Pie
Festive Punch

I think I just gained 10lbs typing that.


Decor
I'm pinteresting like a crazy person to come up with a combination of festiveness to dress up our 3 season room! Now normally during the colder months it serves as an extra large walk in cooler, but it's just too pretty to not use as our dining room! It has floor to ceiling windows and we don't get to use it nearly enough! (would be totally awesome if it were to snow during dinner ;)

For our Thanksgiving Table decor, I'm thinking a combo of branches, mason jars, elegant dishes, crisp white serving platters, pumpkins and random dashes of gold glitter!

Games
For our family it is key to have a good variety of games when we gather.  Since we're already a loud family, some of these games get completely out of hand. But holy cow SO fun. We might need to invest in earmuffs for the wee ones ;)

Bingo
Up and down, diagonal, postage stamp four corners and dirty
This is a staple at our Thanksgivings. Each family brings 10 items and we hoot and holler over who gets a bimbo bingo. And all waiting for my granny to call out that one chip that will make my brother shriek B4? B4 what?!?

Left Right Center
The dice game. If you've never played it, you need to! I have never seen adults fight over quarters like I do during this game! And the chanting! There's always Chanting! left! left! left! right! right!right!

Apparel
This will be what we will be sporting this Turkey Day! A clash of Old Navy, Gap and American Eagle :)



What about all of you? Have any fun Thanksgiving traditions or plans?




No comments :

Post a Comment