Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 20

This weeks post comes to you from a heavy heart.
 This is not intended to be a totally sad post, but I have a few thoughts that have been circulating in my head that I needed to write down. I'll post lots of Adelie pictures to make up for the tears :) 
Yesterday marked the 3rd anniversary of losing my mother. All week I've been more aware than I have been, that Adelie will never get to meet her Grandma Barbie. I should really come up with another name, because there is NO way my mom would have went by Grandma.  I'm not old enough to be a Grandma is what she'd say ;) My mother played a huge role in who I am today, and believe it or not she had one in Adelie too.
I remember coming home from a music class my Junior Year at UofL. We had just watched the black and white musical Guys and Dolls.  The main female character was named Adelaide. I really liked the name and was so excited when I called my mom to tell her that was what I was going to name my future daughter.  Mind you kids were no where in my immediate future.  Upon telling her my genius name, she said, " Ehh I don't know about Adeliade, how about Adelie?" And so Adelie was named four years before she even existed. My mom is the genius.
My mother would have went NUTS over Adelie. She called me when we lived in Louisville sobbing about how she saw this grandma with her granddaughter, shopping at Target and the grandma was spoiling her rotten and she wouldn't be able to do that if we lived four hours away, so we better just move home.  How I wish she could steal her away from me for a day now and teach her how to shop. How to paint her nails, fishtail her hair (which she will get someday eventually), share a spoonful of cookie dough, dance around the kitchen with, be the one who cuts her hair for the first time, and makes sure I tape a lock of hair into her baby book. Attend every sporting event for her entire life and bring festive goodies for Adelie to share with her friends, Fight through the crowds, showing Ads just how to shop on Black Friday, bring her back to home base and cuddle up next to the wood stove while watching footloose. Her favorite. 
As Adelie gets older and starts interacting more with us, laughing, oinking and chattering, I am getting super bummed my mom isn't here to see how fun she really is! Which leads me to all the happy shenannigans she is up to these days!
 This week Adelie has now ate green beans (her favorite, and my moms too!) sweet potatoes, carrots, and peaches. 
O my goodness it is SO fun watching her make a face as she eats these new foods, yet opens her mouth begging for more!Oink Oink Oink
When laying on her belly she can totally lift her head and look about, but gets mad after a few minutes because she hasn't figured out how to roll back to her back.  She has been sleeping in her crib for the past two weeks. I wake up every few hours to check the monitor and wait for her to start stirring in the morning so I can go bring her into our bed to snuggle ;)  If we put her down for bed and she's not quite ready to lay down, she puts up one HUGE oink show.  Seriously it's the cutest thing. She oinks very loud and very clear, so that we have to stay at her crib side for just a few more minutes with her ;)
She's a smart cookie.
  
Stats
16.4lbs
26.5"

Oink Oink Oink Oink












On Thursday we went to visit baby Henry and his mama, and scored a lunch date with Papa Ron as well! :) 








New necklaces it our etsy shop available Here





How she sleeps, a baby under each arm (so she doesn't pull her binky out ;)

AND

How she wakes up to the shutter of my camera ;)


Happy Sunday y'all 






1 comment :

  1. KJ is my little five month olds initials :-)
    I'm sorry about your mom, she's probably super proud of the mom you are to Adelie!!

    ReplyDelete