Tuesday, March 3, 2015

week 23 & 24

Holy mydaysarerunningtogether. And this combined post has been up on my computer for a week and a half-so bear with me as I finally post the last few weeks ;).  These past few weeks, Im pretty sure little A has doubled in size because I feel her all day every day. Rolling, punching, kicking, this little one sure is full of sass!  Over the past few weeks (23 & 24) I celebrated my 26th Birthday and we went on our annual family vacay to Florida!  Although it was slightly colder than usual we still were able to lay out at the beach a few days and definitely came home with a little color :)  In the rush of getting everything packed/photos edited for my clients and the fact that I don't think I've changed out of my sweats once, I had a momfail and did not take chalkboard photos for week 23 & 24 wahh wahh sorry little babe! I did at least take bump selfies to document those two weeks ;)
Week 23 & My Birthday
Adelie finally got over her cold and I continued to be stuffed up severely. (Still am) but come to find out this is actually a lovely pregnancy thing called Pregnancy Rhinitis translation->constant congestion and the inability to breath out of my nose :( Easily the most frustrating pregnancy symptom I've ever experienced.  For my Birthday, B took me out on the town for dinner and virgin drinks with some friends. We ended up at a bar watching an extremely impressive 80's hairband perform live. Leather pants, permed locks, studs galore-these guys weren't holding back! The rest of week 23 was spent in a frenzy packing for our trip, shipping out orders for my teepee business , editing photos for my clients and breathing. Yes breathing-because lately breathing is such a chore! This little lady is either pushing on my lungs, of I'm not as young as I used to be ;) I had every intention of taking a Happy Birthday Mommy chalkboard pic but ughh breathing was more important ;)



 Before my Monday night Volleyball games!



Florida Here we come!!!


moments later-the waves scared her, and so she sat down in them haha

Week 24 & Florida
FLORIDA! I was under the impression that we might not get to go because B has been so busy at work, however he surprised me 2 weeks out that we would be going! I think I like last minute vacays :)   The flight down was a piece of cake, Adelie slept the whole way-on her sister. The weather could have been warmer, but we did get to lay out so I'll take it! During the week B went golfing so Ads and I headed North to Tampa and went to the Lowry Zoo! I'm not sure why I even brought her stroller, Adelie turned into Miss Independent in FL insisting on walking everywhere and even
wait for it…
slept in her own big girl bed without any problems!
For nap time, she would literally walk into the room and crawl into the bed to lay down! We will be finishing her big girl bed soon and start the transition this month!!  Besides lounging on the beach with a few of our college friends (a few live down there, and one flew in from Chicago)  we also got to visit the Tampa Aquarium, that Adelie (and her parents) LOVED.  If saltwater aquariums weren't such a pain to maintain I would be all over that, but looks like we'll be settling on Mr. Beta-our Beta Fish ;)
Our flight home was a little more eventful. We had to be to the airport at 4:45am. Fine. Np. Connecting flight in Atl. to which we were supposed to have a 45 min lay over. Nope. Landed and had to book it to the next plane.  Adelie needed changed but there was no time.  We did two changes on that airplane. One standing up in the 2x2 bathroom because I couldn't find to unmarked changing table and the second 30 min later.  20 minutes from home I experience a warm trickling down my leg.  When we landed the third diaper change happened.  Being a mom is so glamorous ;)







We celebrated Valentines with this cutie over a chocolate covered Apple!!

Adelie was in heaven with so many cell phones to chat on. 1.5 going on 16

We've also entered the I can do everything on my own on my own time phase
Exhibit A. I'll come inside when I'm good and ready mom.


Our Zoo trip!




Don't even think about taking that away from her haha

watching Frozen with daddy for about the 5 millionth time-apologies to our friends who have been singing Let It Go for the past few weeks because they can't let it go.

obsessed with Salsa-(read Elsa)







 These two will also be welcoming a little GIRL a week after us!









Adelie Jo Harper-20 months!

Family Selfie!



The Aquarium!


petting stingrays with daddy


 Petting Starfish and other aquatic squishy things!




 Adelie was a little leery of walking through the mist
 We finished our vac a at the Disney Store, with a tea party and the one and only Frozen.
And Daddy became her favorite person, buying her, her very own Salsa.


Week: 23 & 24
Weight Gain: up 12lbs 

Cravings: Spicy anything, ice cream

Clothing: sweats, a BATHING SUIT ;) and maxi dresses

Best Moment this week: 23-Getting to go out on the town with the Mr. and indulge in all food without guilt ;)  Week 24-Clearly Florida, but watching Adelie experience all of the new activities-the aquarium for sure!

Miss Anything? The ability to drink a tropical drink on the beach, what I wouldn't have given for a Pina Colada on the beach!

Movement? Yes hard kicks all the time and full body rolls :)

Anything making me sick or queasy? Nope

Mood: Happy and relaxed

Looking forward to: Meeting this babe! It is hitting me all at once how close we are!

Gender? Girl


No comments :

Post a Comment