Tuesday, April 21, 2015

week 32

Really feeling pregnant.  
Back aches, out of breath, tired.
We are entering the home stretch and the reality that we will actually be bringing another baby girl into this world in a few weeks has officially hit me. I should say more like, the giant todo list for bringing home baby has hit me.  I've been much more laid back this time around but it is officially time to kick things into gear and brace myself for the busy-ness of an almost 2 year old and a newborn. Orders and photos are almost completely caught up on and we are getting very close to my cut off date for both of those.  This week I freehanded the crib skirt, bringing in yet another color to the nursery ;) 
This next week my biggest goal is to finish the nursery completely and wash the baby gear getting everything set up. My crafting ADD has been kicking into overdrive and I have projects scattered throughout the house-time to finish them!
Still todo:
Finish nursery
Freezer meal prep
Purchase a few baby items that need replacing
Get the carpets cleaned
Do a thorough deep clean and get caught up on laundry (the struggle is real)

This week, we got the scary news that Papa Ron was in the hospital! He needed to have his appendix removed! They had some problems removing it, so he had to stay in the hospital a few extra days, but he is now home and recovering! Thank god! Being forced to rest up and stay down is not easy news to take especially since farming has started up again and they just closed on their new house! We'll see how long he stays down ;)

Next week my girlfriend Amelia and I are loading the kiddos up and heading to Detroit for an Ikea haul!  The trip should produce the few things missing from A's room-SO looking forward to a fun shopping day!


My dress came in this week! I didn't get maternity photos taken with Adelie because I was still taking photos for other people and so incredibly tired from doing those-I will be doing them this time and am SO excited!! :)


Probably the biggest excitement this week was when I finally pulled the trigger on the double stroller I've been saving for ;) I am so extremely giddy about this stroller and can't wait to take the girls out in it! I got Amethyst (my birthstone) because two GIRLS will be riding in it!
The other item I have purchased to transition to two kids is the Summer Double Monitor- two separate cameras that I can view on one monitor-bonus-you can add up to two more cameras! So I can watch all cameras at the same time or switch between individual cameras :)

The snap chat I got while visiting Papa in the hospital haha

Too perfect not to include. We've been letting Adelie sleep in our bed because I think it's hit both of us that she won't be an only child for too much longer, so family snuggles it is :*)




And a Happy Birthday To Jory!
PS that is totally not his beard ;)
The new yellow chair for A's room!

And the crib skirt!


We won a contest on instagram for this adorable baby set! The pants are SO little!





Adelie is beyond obsessed with going for gull car rides with daddy and picking up the balls for him- and I'm pretty sure gull car rides will be what sends me into labor ;)

Week: 32

Weight Gain: up 30lbs

Cravings: Apple juice, milk, muffins, cheese

Clothing: sweats & tank tops because its warm!!

Best Moment this week: Putting the crib skirt on the crib and placing the order for the new stroller! :)

Miss Anything? The ability to wear pants/sweats without my belly hurting! She's definitely dropped and the elastic now hurts-new pants/shorts hunting soon because its still not full warm enough to only wear maxi dresses.

Movement? She feels large just like her sister-hoping I go about 37.5ish weeks so I don't have another 9lber ;)

Anything making me sick or queasy? Nope

Mood: Exhausted. I close my eyes for a second and I pass out.

Looking forward to: Our girls (+boy) day trip to Ikea! Making my list now!

Gender? Girl




2 comments :

  1. You will love the stroller! We got it with our first almost 2 years ago and we just had twin girls 5 weeks ago. I am already loving it and we got the glider board for our older daughter. She is only 22 months so not so into it yet but I am Hoping it works for her in the future. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just discovered that it has the option to accommodate a third child! Makes it THAT much more exciting! 3 girls? SO much fun!!

      Delete