Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 39

Ready or not! We are about to be parents!! :) After watching three women with due dates very close to my own, deliver their babies over the past few days I was starting to get extremely restless and discouraged thinking... this is NEVER going to happen. Wednesday we had a growth scan to see just how big baby A was....8.3lbs give or take a pound.. and I'm going to say more like give.  Everything else looked good on the scan besides the fact that it took a hot second to get all the measurements because she is soooo squished in here! Friday I met with the Dr. and she said we would talk induction next week if she still hadn't made an appearance.  Ha! The dr. sent me to triage after my apt just to be monitored because I was starting to get painful contractions. Contractions were picking up at the hospital but I had not dilated anymore then 2cm by around 7 so they sent me home. I was in such pain I cried the whole way home, and things were not better once we got home. Brandon started me a bubble bath and made my chicken noodle soup what a great man. Through all this, I was doubled over in pain, bawling my eyes out. Brandon said "We need to go back in". Yes. He was so right! After a car ride straight out of father of the bride part 2 We arrived back at triage and because I was in so much pain and not dilating at all the resident dr. gave us the option of staying over night and giving me a shot of morphine and phenergan to ease my pain and hopefully get things rolling. So Brandon and I have been camped out here in my room since last night. This am the on call dr. assessed me at 3cm and 100% and gave me the option of braking my water. Um. Why of course. And so here we are. Water broke and pitocin started! Wish us luck! Can't wait to hold this sweet baby girl!! :)
39 weeks

Adelieeeee come out come out wherever you are!!!
On Wednesday, Girl got a Popsicle razor back dress, I got a nursing bra 
We're admitted!!
The most surreal feeling ever. This is actually happening.
Smiling through the pain

Jolynn brought Adelie these ceramic shoes that my mom had made for her

When my mom was 12 in 1977
:)
She also gave me added epi. When I asked where the nurse call button was, she reached for this handy little button and says, "o this one?" as she proceeds to push it before anyone can explain what it was. Thanks for the extra numbness Jo. HA!

Epidural. aka Heaven has been administered. 
Let's have this baby! 

How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 26 lbs
Clothing: Hospital gown
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Got great sleep last night on the morphine
Best moment this week: Waking up and being told I 'm being admitted
Worst moment this week: All these contractions
Miss Anything? Food. So starving and can't have anything before hand.
Movement: Based on the monitor shes moving like crazy
Symptoms: Contractions, water leaking all the time
Food cravings: Everything
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: O yes. YES
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? On :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Angry because of pain
Looking forward to: Meeting this little baby!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment