Monday, December 23, 2013

Bedroom Makeover

We have lived in our house for two years. We got super lucky that the houses previous owners had pretty great taste in paint colors. We've only repainted two rooms, my prop/craft room and Adelie's room. We all remember the nightmare that room was. Need a reminder? Click Here.

It was a few weeks ago when Brandon and I were laying in our full size bed with Adelie in between us and both dogs trapping our legs that we decided Hey, it's about time we get a new bed. So that's what we decided on for Christmas this year. 
WE ARE GETTING A KING SIZE BED.
Can I just note how ecstatic we are about finally getting to sleep in a grown up bed? We both have full size bedroom suites from growing up, and only one guest bedroom so it has always seemed silly to get another bed. But after 
Exhibit A.
We decided it was time.
So thus starts operation Bedroom Makeover.  
I was able to score two sets of sheets on black friday (as I do every year) to start the creative process :) 


Grey and a Jewel Toned Blue

Our comforter is still TBD. I'll probably just go with our favorite gathered comforter from Target. We have three of them for our bed now ;) I LOVE the way they look!


This is thee Bed we've decided on
Our walls right now are a warm tangerine color which I'm thinking of changing to either
Light Grey
or
China White
Something light to open up the room a little bit lot.

Our Wood floors and trim are a warm Maple, which will be staying, although I'd love to stain them dark.... Maybe I can convince Brandon ;)

Our Dresser and Side tables are mine from my childhood and are a dark Cherry.
Obviously we have not put a whole lot of thought into Our sleeping space until now
I am still on the fence about If I want to paint them or go with a completely new (Old and repurposed) set.  I want to accent in mirrors, teals, greens and patterns.

I snagged 3 canvas vouchers on black friday as well, that I will be designing and hanging.

Since a bed is a pretty big  HUGE purchase, we decided it would be our only present to each other for Christmas.  So our tree is looking pretty sparse with Adelie's few presents under it. 
A. Six months is really hard to buy for.
B. Baby toys are impossible to wrap.


Stay tuned for a bedroom update/reveal :)






No comments :

Post a Comment