Friday, January 2, 2015

Baby #2 Must Haves

The one amazing thing about having another girl, is that I saved everything from Adelie and realistically won't need a whole lot for this little one.  My weakness is baby clothes and we have totes and totes FULL of them ready to be unpacked and hung up in little A's nursery ;)  
I do have a few things we will be purchasing this time around that have gotten great reviews from fellow mamas and a few things I never used with Adelie but having a toddler and a baby makes me want to try them out ;)
#1 on my list
A double stroller
I'm constantly on the go so I need an easy stroller to transport the girls around in.  I have the City Mini single stroller and LOVE it, so after a short deliberation-I've decided there's just no way I could go with anything else for a double! It has room to snap in a carseat and will be able to grow with the girls. Plus it folds up super easy and won't take up the whole trunk!


However, Still in the running is the baby jogger City Select.
We will be making a trip to BuyBuyBaby in a few months to make the final decision ;)


#2 A Solly Baby Sling
I never wore Adelie, simply because I always had two free hands! This time around is a little different ;)  I have the baby Ktan but it's just not the right fit for me. After some research, the Solly Baby looks about the most user friendly and they come in SO many cute color combos! I'm in love with this striped version! :)


#3 Dual Baby Monitors 
For obvious reasons, Adelie will only be 2 when the baby is born so I'm also looking into a new baby monitor with two cameras, one for each room.  Since Adelie will be in a big girl bed by the time the baby is here, it'll be super useful to be able to keep an eye on both of them.  Rather then purchasing another set, with a dual monitor I'll be able to switch between rooms on one receiver.  Currently we have a motorola, so the choice is between the dual motorola and this one from Summer.


Those are really the only few things we will be purchasing this time around. Nursery wise, my glider will move to the new baby's room as well as the crib. Yikes- that means Adelie will be in her Big Girl Bed in just 5 months?? I'm debating on painting the crib or keeping it white, I go back and forth every day ;)  Still gathering ideas for this little ones nursery but right now, this is my current inspiration board for little A :)
Pink, Coral, Grey's and Gold 





1 comment :

  1. I 100% agree with the Solly wrap over the k'tan. I bought the k'tan for my baby, used it a couple times and didn't really like the fit but thought it would be ok. That was until my friend let me borrow her Solly, OMG!! It was far softer and of course a better fit! I returned my k'tan and ordered a Solly!

    ReplyDelete