Monday, February 25, 2013

Pixie Dust

Baby A's room is starting to come together :) Walls are painted, trim is retouched and the ceiling is sparkling some fierce:) Adding the glam to the ceiling wasn't as tricky as I had origionally thought..I bought Valspar ceiling paint that goes on purple and dries white (awesome for tracking what you have and have not painted). I painted 2 foot sections and then dusted with purple/white fine glitter, using an old makeup brush. Even though I ended up looking like a washed up prom queen, via my overly glitterized face and messy hair...I am extremely pleased with the results :)

1

2

You can never have enough sparkle
Tools of the trade
 My painting buddies :)
Close up

LOVE



Now..onto the closet situation. I'm thinking large mirrored doors because this set up is completely impractical.
And finally.. covering up that hideous tile.

Checklist

paint walls
paint trim
paint ceiling
glitterize
carpet
paint crib
paint dresser
hang wall decor
feng shui

22 weeks Pre-Paint/glitter




2 comments :

  1. I just stumbled across your blog.. and I am IN LOVE with your glitter ceiling! How creative! You can never have too much glitter. :)

    I have a 10 month baby girl.. and it is the best! I'm so excited for you both. :)

    PS. Your belly bump is too cute!


    www.elm-baby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following you for a couple week. I have an 8 month old baby girl....you're going to have SO much fun! I love the glittered ceiling for a little lady....so so cute! Have you checked Pinterest for closet door ideas? I've seen some pretty ones exactly like what you would need for her doors that are white with mirrored panels in them. They were really pretty. Have fun decorating!
    www.jasonmeandbabyt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete