Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fears, Tears and a little bit of crafting

Today was the dreaded appointment. The one they all talk about. The shots appointment.  We spent most of the morning in bed cuddling, my stomach in knots, while she just laid next to me laughing and chattering away. Totally oblivious as to what was going to come later that day. I debated back and forth as to if I should make Brandon take her by himself or if I should just be an adult and take my child to the doctors for her shots like every other mother in America does and is just fine. (insert long sigh here) I decided about mid day that we should both go. If he fainted I could catch him and If I started hysterically crying he could maybe be the adult for the both of us. We arrived at her apt not a minute early and went right back.  We did the usual measurements and inspections with the Doc and before we knew it, in come the nurses with those scary sharp objects in their paws.  They gave her the oral vaccine first, which she took like a champ nbd. And then the one nurse says to me,
"Okay mom, hold her arms down"
Excuse me?
The worst 20 seconds ever.  I had to hold her sweet little arms on her chest as she's staring up at me with her big baby blues, happier then all get out.  I had to close my eyes. And then, they stabbed her. One in each leg. I opened my eyes just in time to see her bottom lip start to quiver, her face turn bright red and then the loudest cry I have ever heard her make. As soon as they finished putting those sparkly theonlythinggoodaboutthatappointment bandaids on, I swooped her up into my arms. I don't think I took a breath for quite a while.  I had given her baby tylenol a few hours before to help with any achiness she may experience. Luckily she calmed down without too much of a show, and has slept most of the day today.  It took a while for me to calm down though, I was extremely tense. The worst part? She didn't get one of the vaccines because it was on back order! So yes, we will be reliving this nightmare next week.
Followed by a bottle of wine.
The morning started off emotional when I realized Adelie was wearing a size 6m sleeper :*(

Lewis could sense the tension and came into the bed to offer his squirrel and his kisses.


Daddy Consoling Ad's

Her pretties


Night Night sweet girl

In other news, I have been getting my CRAFT ON recently. And No. I won't stop.  I think my recent crafting has rubbed off on everyone and I am seeing SO many people getting crafty. I LOVE IT!
I will even be hosting a painting party in the middle of next month!
Here are a few of my recent pretties, and few up and coming projects!!
My European wool should be coming any day now! ;)

The cutest little helper. Boy does she love looking at the color swatches at home depot ;)






























No comments :

Post a Comment