Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 42

After this week, we might be living in a bubble wrap filled house, with blow up furniture.  Adelie continues to be fearless, and has embraced her new freedom to the fullest extent. By tuesday I thought, "there is no way we are making it to the end of the day, let alone end of the week". By ten o'clock Ads had already fallen off the couch head first, bonked her head on every inch of the coffee table and fell several times transferring between furniture. Yes, she is now walking along the furniture.  By 3 o'clock it was 5 o'clock somewhere and a margarita was poured. And come 6 o'clock an even bigger one got served at the amazing mex restaurant down the road.
Bedtime/naptime is getting much better which is so amazing. During that hour and half nap time I can sit down, catch my breath and try to remember what day of the week it is.
We have gotten to experience a few 50 degree days this week and will be hanging the hammock and Adelie's new swing tonight! She loved the swing set in Florida and I was so excited to scoop one up yesterday on sale ;)  A wagon is next on our list!
Ads now has 8 teeth and shows them off daily.  Her favorite snacks are the little crunchies by gerber and she had her first sip of watered down apple juice yesterday.  I had to pry the cup from her hands she loved it so much!  We're going to attempt more grown up food this weekend…again.
In pretend twin news, Liam is on the verge of crawling and boy is it going to be insane interesting having two crawlers at the same time.  I may be investing in a couple of those monkey vests with leashes ;)
 Happy Friday!



"O you need someone to model your new nest?"

"I said I'd model your nest, but what is one my head??" 
Best Mean Mug Award
We finally got to wear our matching Hello tshirts we won in a giveaway on Instagram! :)


Battle Wounds from Tuesday

Made both of us extra clingy to one another

And despite being all banged up, the babe was still so completely happy :) Bless her heart





First outside playdate this year!

And first Walk!
With the whole gang!


She thinks this creepy doll that we received as a gag wedding present is hysterical. Great.  However stepping on her in the dark as I was putting Adelie to bed, even more creepy. I believe she said, "Let me wash your back while you shower"it was all I could do to not throw her out the window ;)

I ordered these two cuties for Ads to wear this summer to a few wedding rehearsals, but we may have to use one for Easter ;)

Adelie's Nursery
An updated tour
Disclaimer: It is usually covered in toys and unfolded laundry, but who wants to see pictures of that? ;)
We've added a canvas, photo wall and some art pieces from dear friends :)
Her book basket is a favorite and she quickly zooms to it immediately after a diaper change.  







Her bed full of babies :)

The book basket, including her books and a few from my childhood.  Little Critter books are her favorite :)







Among her windowsill trinkets, the elephant music box that was mine as a baby and a pair of white ceramic shoes my mother made when my aunt Jolynn was born.  Jo gave them to me the day Adelie was born :)










No comments :

Post a Comment