Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 40

Well I've hit the 40 week blog post twice now, and only one baby. whewww.  This past week has proved to me that Adelie indeed can get faster and will never grow tired of chords, sharp corners or anything electronical. Seriously, if it lights up, game over. The girl is high tailing it to wherever said object is.  She can sniff out a chord a mile away, and once she knows it's there.. she doesn't forget. Because she is now the big lady on campus, if she can use it to stand up, she will. Dresser, chair, 2inch piano…the girl has skill. However, she received her first goose egg on thursday from standing/falling on her blue ombre dresser (you know the one).  At first I thought she was just scared from the fall, but low and behold the next morning was a nice little bruise on her forehead :(
She still is unsure about finger foods.  Crunchy dry things are okay, but slimy (think avocado, banana) she has no desire to touch them.  I've tried to feed pieces to her, but she just shudders and immediately gags.  Our house is slowly becoming baby proof, but since I tend to craft/edit on the go, projects and photography gear are scattered throughout my house on a daily basis.
In nonapadelie news
She is still extremely fighting any and all forms of sleep. She's happy as ever and apparently has no use for a little shut eye.  So we're onto the let her cry it out until she's so exhausted faze.  If you are a mom, you know how unbelievably hard it is to listen to your child cry and call for you and not be able to go pick them up and soothe them :(  Brandon pretty much has to tie me to the bed and park a semi truck on my chest.  I recently pulled out a nightlight she received at the baby shower, a turtle that projects stars on her ceiling (coolest invention ever) that seems to help at night.  If I open the door during a nap, she's standing in her crib reaching for me sobbing. Once I extend my arms she scampers right up to my chest and melts, clinging for dear life.  Ahh it's so hard :(
On sunday we headed out on a mini road trip, as I had lot's of photoshoots lined up.  By the time we hit Union City for the maternity shoot of my good friend Morgan, nonapadelie melted into Kelly's (morgans mom) lap and slept for two hours!  Maybe I need to borrow Kelly once a day for nap time ;)  We got to see Papa Ron briefly, he was outside buffing his harley when we pulled up. Taking advantage of the small bit of sunshine Michigan got on sunday ;) Adelie  did a quick ride around the driveway on her new tractor with him and then he jetted off to cross fit (Go Papa Ron!) and we headed for home.  Long exhausting week, but we are looking forward to the warmer weather and finally being able to play outside!! :)


She found the craft drawer this week. We really are the same person :)


Mommy got some new boots! Long overdue :)





That little red mark, would be the goose egg :(




six teefers!






Pardon the selfie, but I actually curled my hair and put makeup on for date night friday ;)


Friday Night drinks with friends for a birthday!



Even if she can't see chords, she knows they're there 

Meeting Morgan for the first time!

And Kelsey!

Before falling asleep on Kelly!


One of my favorites  :) 10 weeks to go until we get to meet Baby Albright!
If you would like to view more of my work check out my website HERE
Or on Facebook HERE


No comments :

Post a Comment