Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Last night

was an eye opener. Literally. My eyes wouldn't close. Around 6:30pm I started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions, which normally is not a big deal since I've been experiencing them on and off for the past several weeks. Except these were different. They didn't go away and they were more intense than all the previous. I went to bed around 9:30 and woke up around 3:30am with a terribly hard stomach and a feeling I can only describe as being incredibly uncomfortable, hot, wanting to cry and throw up all at the same time. My body was contracting. Talk about making me a nervous nancy. I'm roughly 30.5w or 32.5 weeks give or take. Itty Bitty is not done cooking quite yet, she needs to stay put. Since my tossing, turning and deep breathing also woke Brandon up, we had a small talk at 3:30am that I need to take a chill pill on my crazy lifting-furniture painting-photo snapping-obsessive cleaning-onthego lifestyle so I don't jump into preterm labor. Even though she's more than likely going to come early, she needs to stay put for at least another 7ish weeks. You know you're doing too much when your husband puts you on bedrest chair rest. Even though it's extremely hard for me to sit around, if it must be done. It must be done. Contractions have started to subside, so we're pretty sure i'm in the clear for now but if you need me, I'll be constructing tissue poms from my glider in the nursery ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment