Friday, April 26, 2013

week 31


This week has been the most eventful week thus far in my pregnancy.  Continuing on my last post, by Thursday morning I was still having contractions (about 6/hour) and they were uncomfortable enough to prompt me to call my Dr. who in turn sent me across to the hospital.  They hooked be up to several different monitors to monitor both me and the wee one.  My coworker Melissa was kind enough to sit with me for a while because if I had been by myself I may have would have lost it. Once hooked up to the monitor we watched as the little black line jumped up and down on the screen. Not drastic enough to be a labor contraction, but something defiantly was going on. They did a few other tests on me to determine if I had a bladder infection or was at risk for delivering within the next few weeks. Those came back negative.    Thank god.
Next came the PA to check my cervix. Still closed. Another Thank god. She told me that I have an irritable uterus. A what? That's right folks. My uterus is irritated.  In an attempt to calm it down they gave me 2 liters of fluids through my first ever IV. Ouch. My arm was very cool from all the fluids flooding in me.  Somewhere between, let me do some tests on you and I'm going to stick this cotton swab up your lady parts, Melissa gladly went back to work across the street and my Mother in Law took her place.  Since work was so incredibly busy for Brandon, he was at the mercy of texting. Which he did every few minutes. Boy was he worried about his girls :)
Once I was finished with the fluids they discharged me and sent me home on strict instructions to drink lots of water and rest. rest. rest. Do they know who I am? Resting is not easy for me to do.  Once home I had a few questions about my irritated uterus so I did some research.  Apparently I will just have to endure these mild contractions (they are not labor inducing, so relatively harmless however extremely uncomfortable).  I am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible and try to relax. Off my feet. ayiyiyi.  If it must be done.
It must be done.

31 weeks
My day at the hospital
Itty Bittys got a nice strong heartbeat! :)
Overall, no BD.


How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 22 lbs
Clothing: recently.. hospital gowns and maxi dresses
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Been getting up every few hours due to this irritable uterus
Best moment this week: Brandon was so sweet through all this, calling to make sure I'm not doing anything, bringing home dinner/ ice cream. Who doesn't love ice cream in bed?!
Miss Anything? Feeling normal. I swear overnight I woke up and all of a sudden feel huge and uncomfortable.
Movement: Girl is constantly rolling around allowing me to feel every sharp little elbow...knee.. foot....
Symptoms: A very hard stomach on and off. Tons of tension whenever I walk around or bend over.
Food cravings: Cherry Limeade<--just discovered this. yum! Ice cream..... ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sometimes my stomach get so tight I feel like I need to throw up, but have yet to.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No(ish) I think she's preparing me.
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? On :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and uncomfortable.
Looking forward to: Tomorrow's shower with all my coworkers!! Whoohoo!

No comments :

Post a Comment