Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 12

This week BB is the size of a large Plum! A whopping 2.5 inches! Had an apt this week to hear the heartbeat, what a beautiful sound, literally music to my ears. BTW the heartbeat was 160. Now according to the internet a reliable source, if the fetal heart rate is above 140 the babies tend to be girls, and below 140 are boys. Interesting. Breaking my streak, I bought my first Baby item. The color of this item will remain a mystery until February, as I will not remove tags nor take it out of the bag until then. But i'll give you a hint, it rhymes with s i n k. ;) Another first, was wearing Brandon's pants to work today becauseImhuge because I could not find my own! Thank god for the belly Band to help keep them up! Although... they were pretty comfortable I can see this being a reoccuring event ;)

Mom :)


On the most Positive note, I have started reading my mothers journal which she kept when she was pregnant with me. For those of you who do not know about my mom, she was amazing. The most dedicated wife and mother, who made our lives so bright and colorful. We (My brother Jory 20 and sister Jamison 12) had the best childhood we could have asked for. Our hearts were broken in February 2010 when my mom was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, fighting a very hard and short battle, leaving our family in November of 2010. Although she is no longer with us in person, we feel her spirit ever day. Going through her things I was able to find MANY  bright colored maternity clothes and the most important object I have ever had in my possession. This journal she kept, is so detailed. Every appointment, shopping excursion and baby movement is recorded, in her handwritting :) Reading her month to month stories, makes it almost feel like she's still here, and she would have been the BEST grandmother!


I <3 my family.
Brandon, me, Jory, Jamison, Mom & Dad.


How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3lbs
Maternity clothes? Leggings and long tee shirts, however these were my favorites pre-baby!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: All of a sudden sleeping like a rock! I could get used to this!
Best moment this week: Definetly hearing that perfectly fast heartbeat at my appointment :)
Cravings? Tater Tot casserole, ice cream, lemonade
Miss Anything? Mountain Dew, more frequently then I can have it :*(
Movement: Not yet, but can't wait!
Baby Goods? Just one small item of clothing...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: O yes.
Gender prediction: I'm still going to say girl.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very Happy :)
Weekly Wisdom: Stop eating so much.<----- Ha.
Saddest Part of the Week: The removal of my belly button ring. We'll see if 8 years of having it can outlast 6 monthes before I can attempt to put it back in.
Dreams? I had a dream, while at my ultrasound, we saw the baby and all of a sudden the baby had two heads. I was freaking out that I had a deformed baby when the nurse said, "o no hold on" and she shook my belly and a second baby floated up from behind the first. I drove to Brandon's work in tears to tell him. He took one look at the ultrasound picture and PASSED. OUT. Flat on the floor.

No comments :

Post a Comment