Monday, September 9, 2013

The first cold.

Welcome to my broken heart.
Population: 1 sick baby
Adelie officially has her first cold.

Upon picking her up yesterday I noticed that she seemed kind of stuffed up.  She got progressively more clingy as the night went on and I could tell that she just wasn't feeling well.  Her poor little nose is drippy and red forcing her to breath only through her mouth, which makes sucking on her binky quite challenging.  We didn't sleep a whole lot last night, and honestly have not left my bed all day today.
Poor tootsie sugar.
She also had another first as of 7:30 tonight. She had her first fever. She actually hit 100 briefly.  Despite being sick, the little munchkin still smiles through her binky and is trying her hardest to be her happy self.  We have been sucking her nose out, rocking, singing, temperature taking and have the humidifier cranked on full blast.  I haven't given her any medications yet, I've never been trigger happy when it comes to any medicine but will consider it if she is still miserable tomorrow.
These are the days I wish I could call my mom.
Crossing my fingers I wake up tomorrow to a healthy happy
Adelie.


Breaks my heart </3




How we spent our day.
Nachos, Nose Frieda, Thermometer, Macbook and movies


If you do not own one of these Crane Humidifiers, you should run out and get one.
So incredibly cool.



If you're wondering why we took so many pictures today, we had to keep daddy updated since he's still in Washington D.C.
:*(

1 comment :

  1. her little watery eyes. that is heart-breaking! I hope she feels better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete