Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 11

Whenever we have big plans coming up, usually I can't focus on anything else.  As in I get absolutely nothing done the entire week before. Yes this is extremely sad and slightly pathetic, but at least I can own up to my faults. Since the Becks are pretty BIG Notre Dame fans, we attended the game this past weekend in Ann Arbor.  Now that game is not one to take a small sweet babe to.  So she would have to stay with Gram and Gramp Beck. Great. Not a problem. Huge Problem.
Let me explain why.
In order to get tickets, we signed up to take a bus out of South Bend IN.
Our bus left at 9am Saturday morning.
So we had to drive down friday night, which meant leaving Ad's friday night.
The bus would return after the night game a.k.a sunday am
I had an engagement session in South Bend on Sunday morning.
Which means.
I would be without Adelie for Friday. Saturday and part of Sunday.
GET THE PICTURE.
So now you can see why this past week, we did not do a whole lot besides watching movies and snuggling. Lot's of snuggling.
Namely the length of the entire Harry Potter Series. Threetimesinarow.
Come Friday evening I took Babes to the office to do the hand off to my in-laws. I cried.
It is so incredibly hard to leave a piece of you behind.
I give mad props to those mom's who have to leave their babies on a daily basis.
Despite my guilt, Brandon made sure I had fun and we got lot's of pictures sent to our phones throughout the weekend.
Like this one. Melt's my heart.
Brandon took us out to dinner on Tuesday. 
We went to a steakhouse, and the waitress placed a kids menu in front of Adelie. 
Brandon says,
"Aww Honey look! It's Adelie's first play mat!"
It took all my power not to take it home and frame it.

Adelie in a baby crew makes my heart explode




While I thought leaving Adelie was the worst part of the weekend, something else came in a close second.
I forgot my breast pump. #sonofa
After 20min of attempting to "self express" I gave up.
So Brandon had to make a quick CVS run (they have breast pumps, who knew?)
So I could enjoy a few too many bloody marys
Husband of the year award.


After the game Brandon caught a ride home with some of our friends because he had to catch a flight at 7am Sunday morning to Washington D.C. for business.
I rode the bus back to South Bend with our other friends.
we got home at 5:30am.
Our bus broke down 10 times.
I got up at 8:30am for my shoot.
Which you can check out on my photography page  HERE 
After I called a wrap, I drove as fast as I could straight to my sweet girl.
Who now has a cold.
But more on that in my next blog.
I'm never leaving her again.

Week 11 Stats
Height: 25"
Weight: 13.2lbs
Newest Tricks: Bubbles and very loud cooing!
Sleep: Still sleeps through the night 11pm-7am.  This next week, we're going to try the transition into her crib.  yikes

3 comments :

  1. Can't wait to hear how the crib transition goes! We have been putting that off as well :(
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess I'll be waiting until she feels better! Can't put a sick baby in her own room! ;)

      Delete
  2. The transition to the crib isn't as scary as you're anticipating! However, if you're like me (which i've come to find out you are!) you'll check on her a million times a night to make sure she's breathing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete